How to Restart Firestick and Applications for Movies in 2021
If you are looking How to Restart Firestick? Read know more. FireStick apps freeze and you are unable to get back to your home window.
Restarting your Fire TV is something that most people don’t know how to do. But now, with this guide and video you will be able to quickly restart any of the devices mentioned in my text below:
Fire Stick 4K/HDX (except original), FireTV Cube(4th Gen) ,and all FiresStick Lites models except for 1st gen-3rdgen tv sticks!
There could be a number of reasons why you would want to restart your FireStick. For instance, if it’s experiencing performance issues even after clearing up the device storage and nothing else has worked then rebooting might just do the trick!
Sometimes, FireStick apps freeze and you are unable to get back to your home window. Restarting is the only option for a device running normally again!
The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the most popular media streaming
devices available right now. Not only can you shop on Amazon using a fire stick, but it also allows users to stream movies and TV shows through apps like Hulu or Netflix!
There’s a new update or app that needs to be restarted for it to work properly.
Important Note!! One of the best ways to protect your information when browsing online is with a Virtual Private Network (VPN). But if you’re using FireStick, make sure that after rebooting and connecting back up again; it’s important for VPN access- otherwise there will be no way for this device, in particular, to work properly!
Method 1: How to Restart FireStick with Settings
It is a fact that restarting your Amazon FireStick can be done in two ways – from the Settings menu or by pressing and holding the “Restart” button on the remote. However, there’s one more method if these don’t work for you: powering off then rebooting manually through Device Manager (Note: This does not apply when using Motion insensitive sensors).
If the device is frozen or stuck and not responding to your regular remote commands (such as back-button press), there are many different methods you can use. The two I have provided below will help get things unstuck!
Restarting your FireStick can be a bit tricky. Here are the steps you need to take in order for it to work:
- You will find the menu options in a window on your FireStick. You can navigate through it with either buttons or voice commands!
- Are you looking for settings? There are a few more things that can be changed to this menu.
- Now go ahead and navigate to your Fire TV. Click it!
- If you’re done, scroll down and choose Restart.
- Now, click Restart to continue.
When prompted, click Restart again
In the event that you have been experiencing an issue with crashing and can’t seem to figure out what is causing it or want a more permanent solution then please follow these steps:
- Restart the application again When prompted, click Restart to continue.
- Your FireStick is now powering down. The “Powering Off” message will also be displayed on the screen
Method 2: Restart FireStick directly with the Remote
If your FireStick screen is stuck preventing you from navigating properly and accessing the Settings, use this method. It’s hard- rebooting that force closes any running apps on your device – there are no code words or passwords needed!
Hold it down until a message pops up, then release the button. The device will start powering off.
The “Powering Off” message will also be displayed on the screen
This should help you in the event you are having issues with your Amazon Fire TV or don’t want to unplug and plug back in when there is an update! Don’t forget- if you have any problems saving these changes and still can’t get out of Safe Mode, reboot after following these steps:
Press and hold both volume buttons for about 20 seconds. The device will restart automatically when safe mode time elapses. You no longer need to press and hold the volume buttons!
- Hold down the Select and Play/Pause keys on your remote for about 5 seconds. There you go!
- You won’t have any confirmation prompts on the screen when your FireStick reboots. It will start immediately without turning off or freezing, so be ready!
Method 3: Unplug from the power source to restart FireStick
- Of all the ways to restart your FireStick, this is one of my favorite. Just make sure you never try and use it unless those two methods do not work for some reason!
- This method to restart FireStick comes in handy when your Amazon FireTV screen is frozen and would not respond to any remote commands. You can also use this technique for fixing a broken or nonresponsive Remote Controller if you have problems controlling playback from the sofa!
- All you need to do is unplug your FireStick or Fire TV device from the power source. It would be a good idea to wait for about one minute before plugging it back into the wall so that any pending tasks don’t get interrupted and start running in circles without finishing anything!
Method 4: Unplug your Amazon Fire Stick
Locate your Amazon Fire Stick device on the back of the television, and then unplug it from its power source. After waiting a few seconds plugging in again will allow for reconnection with all functions working as normal once more!
In this article, we will go through the steps of restarting FireStick. You can follow these methods with ease and they’re incredibly simple! Once rebooted it may take a few minutes before you see any progress on your device—but don’t worry, because after waiting for about 10 seconds or so… your
I hope you enjoy one of these methods to restart your FireStick and it helps get everything back running smoothly again! I think one of the best parts about this device is that there are so many things we can do while we’re away from the computer! I just wish working with Kodi was not such a struggle sometimes.
No matter which method you use, know that you’ve done all you can and should move on. If anything changes in regards to getting out of Safe Mode other than using one of these three methods outlined above, please leave us a comment below! We love hearing from our readers and will be sure to add it to our list for the next time around!
If you are looking How to Restart Firestick? Read know more. FireStick apps freeze and you are unable to get back to your home window. Restarting your Fire TV is something that most people don’t know how to do. But now, with this guide and video you will be able to quickly restart any of…